- Oh, no. I will not moan about another birthday coming up next week. I’m happy to be here to see and enjoy it, in good health and agility.
- Birthday cake. I’m looking forward to mine. I make sure I have one every year.
- My study group that has begun the book Archetypes by Caroline Myss. It’s gonna be good.
- 3. My dear friend Tammy who sent her fabulous chapbook The Postnuptial Agreement, the result of ten years of creating & composing. It’s gorgeous inside and out.
- Heartland the series on Netflix has captured my heart. It’s my alternative life I could have lived if I knew about that lifestyle when I was younger.
- The Reading Woman calendar by Pomegranate that displays beautiful artwork of women reading even before it was a common event to do for women, with blocks large enough to scribble reminders.
- A place to donate the books I am purging from my storage unit. They need to be in circulation, not in a storage unit. Sadly I don’t have enough room for them all anymore.
- The books that are like friends that I cannot part with. I’ve lugged them from one place to another.
- My cell that shows who is calling so I can block the company connected to my car’s warrenty. Bull!
The writing ideas that come to me when I think they aren’t going to.
10 responses to “TenThingsOfThankful”
Happy upcoming birthday! Each year is definitely worth celebrating with cake, so enjoy it! I recently donated some books, too. They had outgrown the bookcases. I have to remind myself that I have space for x number of books; the ones I donate are not unloved; I just don’t have room for all the books.
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great birthday week!
Thank you Kristi. It’s always good to hear from another book lover. Isn’t it something? I’ve always had a love of books.
LikeLiked by 1 person
What’s your favorite cake? Happy Birthday 🎂 We also enjoy Heartland. Mama’s retirement home has a nice library from donated books. It gets used often. Next time I go I’m going to take a few.
At home it would be Rum Cake but i haven’t had or seen that anywhere since i left Jersey. The Italian neighborhood made the best. Chocolate cake has always been near the top of the list. Followed by any kind.
I do enjoy a good rum cake and OH THE RUM BALLS!! I found a bakery in Wilmington that makes delicious rum balls, but they do not compare to the ones in Chicago at the Polish restaurant.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Isn’t it interesting, the small details we remember?
I have started watching Heartland too, and am enjoying it. Calendars with blocks large enough to write several things that are happening in a single day are great. The size of the blocks is always a deciding factor when I choose a wall calendar, followed by the photos on the calendar.
I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a delicious tasting cake.
Thanks Pat. You can count on my enjoying the cake!
*no, that doesn’t sound right…. err happy pre-birthday…. happy birthday pre-wishes… ayiiee.
I got it. Read the following next week:
thanks Clark. i’ve got it. lol