- I am grateful to live where wildlife is a part of the community. A few days ago I watched as a doe came out of the trees to 5 ft. from my window. Graceful, with an inquisitive expression on her face, she made a charming, contented moment for me.
- I am grateful that while I am surrounded by forest and field, I am but 10 minutes to the center of beautiful Farmville, VA and 5 minutes to large stores for additional shopping.
- The Barbara Rose Johns Farmville-Prince Edward Community Library is lovely, well-stocked, with pleasant, helpful attendants and is only 10 minutes away.
- I’ve said it but not mentioned it here. For Grace who has been a rock since my car accident in December.
- For Grace for rounding up the Tribe for a birthday celebratory luncheon at 313 Franklin before my final move out of town.
- To the so many who have helped me make this move to Farmville. I couldn’t have done it on my own. Much help came in so many little and big ways.
- For the staff at Poplar Forest Apartments. They are the kindest, most considerate, and helpful crew who felt like adopted family as soon as I moved in. Plus they are happy folks to be around, too.
- I’m thankful for the 18 steps to reach ground level (in front) because it has strengthened my leg muscles again.
- I’m thankful for the long, upgrade walking path to get to my Cooper parked under a shade tree at the far end of the parking lot. It helps get me back into physical shape again.
10. I’m thankful for my reading and writing friends and you are one of those.